Emtech Asia has grown from strength to strength since its inception. The sixth edition of the conference on emerging technologies and their impact is expected to pull in more than 800 participants from around the world. Last year’s event drew more than 700 participants.Co-organised by MIT Technology Review and Koelnmesse Pte Ltd, it will be held at the Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre on January 22 and 23.
“Participants of EmTech Asia 2019 will get to meet and hear from 40 exemplary speakers who are driving the next generation of technological breakthroughs and changing the world. With 26 talks covering 16 topics ranging from biomedicine to artificial intelligence, robotics, augmented reality, and blockchain, EmTech Asia 2019 covers the ground on innovative solutions that address major global issues,” said Dr Howard Califano, Director of the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Innovation Centre and Chairman of the EmTech Asia Steering Committee.
The speaker line-up includes:
- Andrew Hessel, CEO, Humane Genomics
- Aubrey de Grey, Chief Science Officer, SENS Foundation
- Brian Kennedy, Distinguished Professor of Biochemistry and Physiology, National University of Singapore
- Hao Li, Director of the Vision and Graphics Lab, University of Southern California Institute for Creative Technologies
- Henk Rogers, Founder and Chairman, Blue Planet Foundation; Managing Director, The Tetris Company
- Hyunjun Park, Cofounder and CEO, Catalog
- John McGeehan, Director, Institute of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, University of Portsmouth
- Juan L. Aparicio Ojea, Head of Research Group – Advanced Manufacturing
- Kimberly Powell, Vice President of Healthcare, NVIDIA
- Marius Swoboda, Head of Physical, Computational and Design Sciences, Rolls Royce
- Patrick Murck, Fellow at the Berkman Center for Internet and Society, Harvard
University; Cofounder, Bitcoin Foundation
- Poppy Crum, Chief Scientist, Dolby Laboratories
- Salah Sukkarieh, Professor of Robotics and Intelligent Systems, University of Sydney
- Tariq Khokar, Managing Director and Senior Data Scientist, The Rockefeller Foundation
EmTech Asia 2019 also features MIT Technology Review’s Innovators Under 35 Asia Pacific, which recognises the region’s most outstanding innovators under the age of 35. Ten selected honourees from Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore, and Vietnam will each give a short presentation about their innovations.
Key sponsors and partners include Facebook (Diamond Sponsor); SGInnovate (Deep-Tech Partner); Hong Kong Baptist University and Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (Innovation Partners); NeuroMem (Platinum Sponsor); Keppel Technology & Innovation and NCS (Gold Sponsors); and Zoho (Silver Sponsor).
Sign up for EmTech Asia 2019 at https://emtechasia.com/registration.